We are not currently hiring, however we are always accepting resumes and applications.
Please read the job description below and submit your application (link at bottom of page).
If you are passionate about service and coffee you might make a great addition to our team.
Working at Little Owl Cafe, you will:
• Deliver gracious hospitality to our guests
• Serve a selection of delicious coffees in a variety of different brewing methods, including espresso and pour-over
• Stay knowledgeable about Little Owl’s current coffee and food offerings through tastings and information available in the cafe
• Support the team in keeping the cafe running smoothly and beautifully
• Passionate about coffee, food culture, and creating hospitality experiences that make every guest feel welcome
• Flexible and open to learning
• Collaborative, constructive and dedicated
• Professional in your work, reliable, and consistent - you’re punctual, and look sharp in line with our dress code
• Detailed, detailed, detailed - you’re always honing your craft and thinking about how each cup of coffee and each serving of food has the potential to surprise and delight guests
• Empathetic with guests and your team, anticipating needs on both sides of the counter
• Efficient, clean, focused, and organized
• Eligible to work in the United States and 18 years of age or older. POC and LGBTQ encouraged to apply.
• Have existing Alaska Food Worker Card or ServeSafe Certification or will get certification within 30 days post-hire
• Have basic math and computer skills (familiarity with iOS, Square POS, and Google suite preferred)
• Have speciality coffee experience (a plus if you’ve also managed a team)
• Have experience in inventory management
• Have open availability or can work at least three 5-8 hour shifts per week including weekend days and most holidays.
We offer competitive pay in-line with experience ($10-$12/hour to start) plus an equal share of tips, free drinks while on shift, and discounts on other food & beverage and retail items. Our team is small but mighty, and we look forward to working side by side with dedicated colleagues.
Please email your resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about you to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to emailing your resume and cover letter, please fill out our APPLICATION