We're Are Not Currently Hiring, However, We Are Always Accepting Resumes & Cover Letters From Passionate Barista Candidates.
If you are passionate about service and coffee you might make a great addition to our team.
Working at Little Owl Cafe, you will:
• Deliver gracious hospitality to our guests
• Serve a selection of delicious coffees in a variety of different brewing methods, including espresso and pour-over
• Stay knowledgeable about Little Owl’s current coffee and food offerings through tastings and information available in the cafe
• Support the team in keeping the cafe running smoothly and beautifully
• Passionate about coffee, food culture, and creating hospitality experiences that make every guest feel welcome
• Flexible and open to learning
• Collaborative, constructive and dedicated
• Professional in your work, reliable, and consistent - you’re punctual, and look sharp in line with our dress code
• Detailed, detailed, detailed - you’re always honing your craft and thinking about how each cup of coffee and each serving of food has the potential to surprise and delight guests
• Empathetic with guests and your team, anticipating needs on both sides of the counter
• Efficient, clean, focused, and organized
• Eligible to work in the United States and 18 years of age or older. POC and LGBTQ encouraged to apply.
• Have existing Alaska Food Worker Card or ServeSafe Certification or will get certification within 30 days post-hire
• Have basic math and computer skills (familiarity with iOS, Square POS, and Google suite preferred)
• Have speciality coffee experience (a plus if you’ve also managed a team)
• Have experience in inventory management
• Have open availability or can work at least three 5-8 hour shifts per week including weekend days and most holidays.
We offer competitive pay in-line with experience, plus an equal share of tips, free drinks while on shift, and discounts on other food & beverage and retail items. Our team is small but mighty, and we look forward to working side by side with dedicated colleagues.
Please email your resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about you to firstname.lastname@example.org
DO NOT call about this posting.